Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Only empty spaces

A new year, new chances. 
It's been a rough couple of years and without the access to an easy sharing system like Flickr for free, it's been difficult keeping up with posts. It might seem like the blog is abandoned but that's not the case. I will come up with new posts later in the year but it's dependant on how hard life is going to be this year. 

In the meantime my collection has still grown, though going more and more into the 16" range. If money and space would permit I wouldn't mind also diving into the 22" collection but realistically it won't happen anytime soon 😎

Personally I am having a hard time but doll collecting helps to keep joy into my life. In my lifetime I have always felt dolls are a great way to cope with difficult times and to have an outlet for creativity. 

For me personally one of the most fun and exciting happenings in the doll industry is the VDC (Virtual Doll Convention). Not only for keeping the Tonner collection alive but also adding affordable outfit options which can be used for most 16" fashion dolls. The conventions are awesome as well, with free patterns, lots of informational videos (one of my favorites is Linda showing how to make porcelain dolls) and collectors showing their collections. I first came to know of Rachel when she was sharing a life size Barbie she saw in a doll shop. She later had the idea to start a virtual doll convention so collectors all over the world and those who are homebound would be able to join. It became a succes and I hope it continues.

If you know a good free alternative for Flickr please let me know. I have hunderds of photos waiting to be posted

3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Instagram is a free place to post photos, but some users (myself included) find that it can tend to impede creativity looking at other people's posts. Also, it takes a while to build up your own community of friends, and people do not often comment on Instagram posts. If all you're looking to do is post your pictures, Instagram is a free place to do it.

Oliwia said...

Thank you for creating content that encourages self-reflection and personal growth.

Royalty.Girl said...

@ Barb
Sorry for the very late response. First I want to thank you so much for thinking along and sharing your idea. I took up your suggestion in the beginning of the year and tried it but it would mean a whole new platform to start anew from. I was more hoping for a free photo storage website which would allow photos to be shared, the way Flickr use to do but couldn't find out how Instagram would work with this. It's a hassle but I guess Google Photos has to do for now. Thanks again!